Are You Cut Out For Planning A Baby Shower?
Are you envisioning your close friend, sister or maybe even your daughter as the new mommy to be at her baby shower? Is it the baby shower of the century? Your invited guests received the perfect invites, the venue you’ve chosen is perfect, the decor expresses the new parents perfectly, and the guests will be talking about how great the food was for months to come? Do you see everyone complimenting you for your super hero like party planning skills? You envision your loved one thanking you for taking the time to do this for them or maybe you just want to prevent the “Train Wreck” that your baby shower was.
Whatever the reason planning a baby shower is not for everyone and in the wrong hands the great power that is the baby shower planner can scar new parents for life! To help right baby shower planning wrongs we have written this article to help you determine if you have what it takes to plan and execute the perfect baby shower!
Here are some questions you should ask yourself to see if you are made of the right Baby Shower Planning Stuff!
I can afford to throw this thing, I have some extra cash! Answer: If you answered yes here you can either pass the baton to someone else, throw the best shower in your budget or pull some other people in to help out. As of this writing the average baby shower can cost upwards of $1,000 depending on factors such as location, number of guests, food and decorations.
I really know the mommy to be, I know her likes and dislikes as well as her hubby? Answer: If you don’t really know mom you may have some issues. Its really important to know what she likes such colors, foods, and shower themes even the baby shower location may depend on it!
I don’t need any help I can do it ALL on my own besides I want ALL the credit for this shindig! This is a big one if you answered true on this one you should know right now that the best way to plan an event like this is most likely with a little help from your friends and family. This is especially true if you also have a full time job and a family of your own! Things will go much smoother if you divvy up the tasks with close family and friends. You can break up the tasks with a small group to take some baby shower stuff off your plate. Here is an example of some common baby shower tasks.
- Location – Baby shower location, someone can either call around to find a location that is available for the time frame and budget needed or that person can just host the event at their house.
- Food – If the event location is not supplying the food a fun and easy way to do this is to have each guest bring one of their favorite dishes.
- Invitations – If you shop at an online store such as Candles & Favors you would be able to order matching invites, favors, thank you notes, decorations and some games and save time and money in the process.
- Thank You Notes – It’s always nice to have thank you notes that match the original invite everyone received. Its also a nice touch to give the new mommy thank you cards so that she just has to fill them out. She will be busy taking care of her new baby and shopping for thank you cards is one less thing she won’t need to worry about
- Decorations – Some cost effective decorations such as custom banners, balloons, table clothes, plates cups and napkins go a long way to making the space look awesome and well thought out!
- Favors – This is a really important personalized baby shower gift that is given to the party guests as a thank you. It will serve a a keepsake for this special day that will be cherished for years to come.
- Activities – You don’t want the guests just sitting around here. After they have eaten and socialized it is really nice to play some cute and funny games to get everyone involved and laughing.
I am not really organized but thats OK, I can just throw this thing together! If this is you you may not be a good fit! If you just throw this thing together or let the people who are helping you do whatever they want some really bad things can happen.
- Your event can go WAY over budget.
- The event won’t match such as colors and baby shower theme.
- Dates can be wrong, important things may get missed like food, invites or even inviting important people like parents.
At the baby shower I will just leave this thing on auto-pilot and soak in the compliments! This is a big NO-NO! One of the most important jobs of the host of an event is making sure things go off with out a hitch! Some things you need to do here after planning the perfect baby shower is:
- Assembling and handing out the baby shower gifts or favors.
- Set up the location with finger foods and baby shower decor.
- Decide when the food will be served.
- Plan when the activities such as baby shower games will be played.
- Document the baby shower gifts the mommy receives so that she can send thank you notes.
- Clean-up (We hate this one) Once the shower is over who will help with cleaning up?
This is just a few of the most important items to consider before taking on an important task like creating a special memory for a new Mother, Father and Grandparents.
The important thing to remember here is your not alone, the Candles & Favors can always help you plan the perfect shower!